Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Sitting on the Fence

Seems like Jamie and I are often "in limbo" these days -- not knowing what results will be, and where we will go from here. Our current perch on the fence:

- The CTO of Jamie's company meets with his boss tomorrow to decide whether he will be hired full-time or not. Everyone in his department has signed off to approve, but he still needs the official decision, which depends a lot on the company's financial status. So nothing is set in stone yet.
- I find out in the next few days the score on my grant that I submitted in December. The score will decide the likelihood of my funding, which will influence whether I will need to revise and resubmit or not, as well as a host of decisions about my return to research after Ben's birth.
- I take a test this afternoon at the doctor's (Fetal Fibronectin Test) that will show how likely I am to *not* go into labor the next two weeks. We still want more time in utero for our Benjamin, despite his 32 weeks!
- We are thinking of moving and have put in an application for a duplex 2-bedroom. Still no word from the landlord about the situation.

What I am realizing after a late-night discussion with Jamie is how much I allow my hope in the future to be determined by the outcome of these "fence" situations. I am oriented toward situations to encourage me or discourage me. How I wish I could remember that "the Lord takes pleasure in those who fear him, in those who hope in his steadfast love" (Ps. 147:11.)

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Liebste Susan und lieber Jamie,

wir denken ganz fest an Euch und wünschen Euch gaaaanz viel Glück und Kraft ... we miss you! But it's only almost 20 days away ... see you soon! :)
Big hug,
Kathrin und Moritz

8:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home